Bluebonnet Electric Cooperative
Corporate Website Refresh and new Customer Portal
Scope: Systems Integration, CMS & Data Migration
Bluebonnet strives to provide its members with programs and services that empower them to monitor their energy usage and reduce consumption. These initiatives fall under Bluebonnet’s Sustainable Grid program, which includes advanced meters, meter data management, customer web portal, distribution automation, demand response/management, implementation of SAP Enterprise Data Management capabilities and other projects that align with Bluebonnet’s sustainability and technology goals. An improved website was essential to achieving this goal. Adaptdev worked with agency partner, McGarrah Jessee, during the main implementation and continues to perform monthly maintenance and enhancement tasks.
- Function as an online member service center, allowing visitors to learn about and maintain account basics – account setup, bill pay, monitor usage, update profile and report issues.
- Facilitate open, two-way communication about account management and co-op involvement between Bluebonnet and its members.
- Streamline the visitor experience by segmenting content into three categories – account management, co-op involvement and miscellaneous.
- Draw attention to the co-op’s community outreach – economic and social.
- Share how industry advances are improving members' electric service.
- Show visitors the value in being an active participant in the co-op.
- Improve the depth and range of the digital services offered to members.
- Simplify internal business functions
- Be an internal resource for all employees.
- Full implementation of Kentico CMS platform
- 24/7 online service center and user-friendly window into the details of members’ usage and costs.
- Streamlines internal business functions and internal resource for all employees. A simpler and intuitive content management system allows greater control for those who manage content.
- Integration with SAP for all Security, My Account functions, and service management
- Integration with Chase PaymenTech for Online Bill Pay functions
- Integration with Energy Engage for displaying energy consumption data for a contract account
- Responsive design implementation for optimized mobile experience
The following results compared site performance in the first month post-launch against the same period from the year before:
- There were ~4,000 more sessions
- There were ~1,800 more users
- There were ~100,000 more page views
- Members viewed ~2.5 more pages per visit
- Average session duration increased by 30 seconds
- Bounce rate decreased by ~22%